400+ commits, 1600+ files, 3 months – thats what it took to get Easy Hours 7.0 out the door.
Here is a sampling of what’s new in Easy Hours 7:
- Jobs: Timesheets / Today Dashboards / Archive replaced by the new Jobs dashboard. Start / stop timers, search for jobs, archive / restore jobs, view a daily, weekly or monthly report by job.
- Landscape: Unlike some of our competitors, yes, we support landscape! Go on and rotate your device, we dare you!
- Colors: Theme colors replaced by Job Colors and Report Colors. New colors will be introduced with every release, so there is something in it for everyone.
- Today Widget on Android: Start / stop timers right from the comfort of the Today Widget. See your daily earnings without launching the app!
- Today Extension on iOS: Start / stop timers right from the comfort of the Notification center. See your daily earnings without launching the app!
- Jump to date: Tired of having to swipe through multiple weeks to get to a date 6 months or a year ago? We are too! Tap the date range header on any Dashboard to try our new Jump to date feature.
- Geo-fencing: You can now modify the range of your geo-fence right from the Job Location screen.
- Sounds: This one was really for us, if it ends up being a distraction it can be easily turned off by navigating to Personalize.
- 3D Touch on iOS: For those with a iPhone 6S / 6S Plus, 3D Touch gesture support has been incorporated to make usage more fun and exciting!
- New logo, color scheme, streamlined navigation and improved labeling.
- App Update checker: We will now nag you to download the update from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store if you have auto download of app updates turned off or don’t proactively apply updates (you know who you are).
What started out as an effort to implement a customer requested feature, ended with a complete overhaul and re-design of Easy Hours. Easy Hours is now easier, faster and more powerful than ever. We are incredibly proud of our efforts and excited to share it with you.
We would love to hear from you. As always send us your feedback and let us know how we are doing.
An appeal to our customers: We are a small independent development shop and your glowing review would ensure that we continue to innovate and support your needs. We would really appreciate it if you would take a few moments and post a review to the App Store or Play Store.